Wednesday 1 March 2017

Rewilding

After being inspired by a few people, and doing some research I've found myself really engaged with an idea in movement and lifestyle called human rewinding. From my understanding. It talkes concepts of animal and habitat rewinding (where the goal is to recreate the most natural environment possible to encourage nature to write the wrongs of human intervention) and puts it into a human context.

It sounds extreme when put like that, however it's somthing you can connect with at any level. Weather that's changing the gym for climbing or swimming Or using trees and a natural environments to exercise, eating clean or even taking a walk. Being outside and in nature is categorically proven by science to have helth benefits. I found a cool article on BBC this morning that inspired me to write about this. THIS.

I've always enjoyed being outside and playing with things I found at the coast- My home environment. I love playing with natural clay deposits and exploring the hard to reach places in a quiet untouched bay. An example of somthing I've gained from this would be the strength and relatively good dexterity in my hands, alothough since June last year I've met and leant from somebody who had control and dexterity that made my hands look like mittens. I have verry hypermobile hands and for their range of motion they are strong. That's not it now, but it's somthing I've noticed over time.

I could talk for an age about this, and as far as the whole movement is conserned I've only just touched the surface. There's a few cool YouTube channels i also connect with. Such as

Evolve, Move, Play

Fighting Monkey/ Rootless Root

Rewild University

Natural Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment